Strawberry Margarita Jam, if you like strawberry margaritas, you will love this jam based on the flavors of the classic drink. What’s not to like strawberries, lime, and a little kick!
Things To Do (Serves 8 OUNCE JARS)
- 3 cups crushed strawberries (3 to 4 pints whole strawberries)
- 2⁄3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsalted butter (optional)
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid pectin
- In an 8-quart stainless steel stockpot, combine the strawberries, lime juice, tequila, and Cointreau. Stir in the sugar and add the butter, if using. Cook the mixture over medium-low heat, stir-ring constantly, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the pectin. Return the mixture to a full rolling boil, stir-ring constantly. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pot from the heat and skim off any foam. Let the jam cool in the pot for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle the jam into hot jars, leaving ¼-inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles. Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp paper towel. Apply hot lids and screw bands.
- Process 4-ounce, 8-ounce, and pint jars in a water bath canner for 10 minutes. Remove from the water bath canner and let cool for 12 to 24 hours. Check the seals and remove the screw bands. Store jars in a cool, dry, dark place for up to 1 year.
Install Our Travel App