Forum

What are the five m...

Notifications
Clear all

What are the five most important features to consider when purchasing a new digital camera?  

What are the five most important features to consider when purchasing a new digital camera?

Topic Tags
1 Answer

There are certain features that you should look for in any digital camera.Being selective about these will ensure that you buy a camera that meets(or exceeds) your needs now, and in the future.Consider the following when choosing a new camera:

Ease of use. The more logically and conveniently the features are designed, the more fun you can have with a camera. I’ve owned some that, when in use, my nose kept calling up menus that I didn’t want. On one model, I had to pull it away from my face to change the zoom settings.

Optical zoom range. With compact or zoom cameras, the minimum zoom range you should consider is 5X. This offers a modest ability to change subject cropping without moving your shooting position. A range of up to 12X is very useful. There are some zoom cameras that feature a range of up to 36X, but that’s probably excessive for most.

Image stabilization. Shaky hands are more responsible for blurry pictures than anything else, so this is a feature worth owning.Photo courtesy of Canon.

LCD screen size. Bigger is definitely better.

Camera resolution. The number of pixels a camera has helps to define its image quality, and what size of enlargements you can make.

Share: