There are certain features that you should look for in any digital camera.Being selective about these will ensure that you buy a camera that meets(or exceeds) your needs now, and in the future.Consider the following when choosing a new camera:
● Ease of use. The more logically and conveniently the features are designed, the more fun you can have with a camera. I’ve owned some that, when in use, my nose kept calling up menus that I didn’t want. On one model, I had to pull it away from my face to change the zoom settings.
● Optical zoom range. With compact or zoom cameras, the minimum zoom range you should consider is 5X. This offers a modest ability to change subject cropping without moving your shooting position. A range of up to 12X is very useful. There are some zoom cameras that feature a range of up to 36X, but that’s probably excessive for most.
● Image stabilization. Shaky hands are more responsible for blurry pictures than anything else, so this is a feature worth owning.Photo courtesy of Canon.
● LCD screen size. Bigger is definitely better.
● Camera resolution. The number of pixels a camera has helps to define its image quality, and what size of enlargements you can make.