Cantaloupe Jam is a must for any melon lover! It is quick to make—ready in less than an hour—as there is not much prep work for the melon. It’s a great way to use ripe cantaloupe.
Things You Need
- 7 cups peeled, chopped, and mashed cantaloupe pulp (2 to 3 large cantaloupe)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Method To Cook
- Place the cantaloupe pulp in an 8-quart stainless steel stockpot. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly, and cook until smooth, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved. Continue boiling for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture begins to thicken and reaches the jellying point (220°F at sea level). Remove the pot from the heat and skim off any foam.
- Ladle the jam into the hot jars, leaving ¼-inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles. Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp paper towel. Apply hot lids and screw bands.
- Process 4-ounce, 8-ounce, and pint jars in a water bath canner for 10 minutes . Remove from the water bath canner and let cool for 12 to 24 hours. Check the seals and remove the screw bands. Store jars in a cool, dry, dark place for up to 1 year.
This melon jam is delicious served on biscuits or scones for breakfast. It also makes a nice fruit dip when combined with yogurt, and is very enjoyable when drizzled over vanilla ice cream
Join Our Travel Forum